A few iMac questions.

Reaction score
1) I have an iMac (which has OSX Leopard). Can I put mini discs into it?

2) Do I have to use an apple modem?

3) Does apple sell something like a broadband router that works with windows and Mac (I have a partitioned hard drive) that was serial ports for a printer and a modem?

Reaction score
1) I have an iMac (which has OSX Leopard). Can I put mini discs into it?
Absolutely not. Apple's iMac Models use slot-loading drive that do not support Mini-Discs.
2) Do I have to use an apple modem?
Any generic USB Modem should work just fine, I'd believe.
3) Does apple sell something like a broadband router that works with windows and Mac (I have a partitioned hard drive) that was serial ports for a printer and a modem?
Apple does make a Broadband Router called AirPort Extreme which can be found here. It is Mac and PC compatible, but I do not believe they have a serial port for the printer, and know nothing about a built in Modem.

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Apple's iMac Models use slot-loading drive that do not support Mini-Discs.

Any generic USB Modem should work just fine, I'd believe.

Apple does make a Broadband Router called AirPort Extreme which can be found here. It is Mac and PC compatible, but I do not believe they have a serial port for the printer, and know nothing about a built in Modem.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Ask a Question