A few settings questions for Mountain Lion

Reaction score
Good evening everyone.

I just installed Mountain Lion today (from Snow Leopard) and I've fixed up most of the settings that got changed and I didn't like (like the inverted track pad scroll, why would they change the default on that anyways?). There is just a couple more things I've noticed so far that I don't like, but don't know if I can change.

I use Preview a lot for looking at PDFs that are separated into pages (non-continuous I mean). A problem I'm having is when I scroll up or down and I reach the limit of a page it will automatically go to the next page (scrolling with the trackpad). This is pretty annoying since I do it by accident when I'm scrolling down the page and hit the bottom. Is there any way I can turn that off? I tried turning off the "Swipe between pages" trackpad option, but that hasn't helped (though it did fix Chrome going back or forward when I scrolled to the edges there, yay!). I don't think it did this in Snow Leopard but I could be remembering wrong.

Another (minor) issue with Preview is that in Snow Leopard the side bar where you select the page you want was on the right side of the screen, but now it's on the left. It's not really a big deal, but I am so used to it being on the right. I couldn't see an option to change that either. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Finally, when I'm in Chrome, it lets me scroll past (with the track pad) the boundaries of webpages so I just see blank space, though it snaps back into position if I stop scrolling over. I'm not sure if it was like this in Snow Leopard or not, but it's kind of bugging me! Does anyone know if I can change this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ask a Question