Imac G4 Video Problems

D

Danjohadley

Hey,

Recently my friend gave me a 1.25ghz imac. It is suffering with extreme vertical banding on the screen. I first assumed that is was the actual panel itself, but after taking it apart, it seems that someone before me has had it apart, and when attempting to remove the plug that connects the logic board to the screen they have removed a resistor from the motherboard. Now, i have the resistor but it is partially broken and extreamly small.

Im just wondering what my options are, i would love to use the original screen as it is in very good condition. but i accept that i might not be able to do that, would the video out on the back of the computer work still?

Thanks

Dan

Reaction score
Hi Dan, I am not sure, the only way to know is to try it - I doubt it would though, you will probably get the same banding.

D

Danjohadley

So is my only option to get a new logic board, because i dont really know if its worth it.

Ask a Question