Is the new 2011 iMac good for video editing and 3d programs?

Reaction score
I am looking at the $1,200 dollar model. The programs I will be running are Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D, and 3Ds Max.

Specs--
2.5GHz Intel quad i5 processor
4GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
500GB HD
AMD Radeon 6750M with 512MB

I just need to know wether or not if this will render complex After Effects videos and basic 3D renderings. Thanks a bunch.

PS all of the Adobe programs are CS5

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi macgeek :)

Look, I'll be honest with you ... I don't know anything about those apps ... do you currently have those apps and are using them already on a mac? I think you would be better off seeking answers to your questions at maybe an Adobe forum where folk are more knowledgeable about the system specs needed for what you require.

Adobe Forums

The above link will take you to a page where you will see a pull-down menu where you can select which forum you need ... I checked the options and the only forum I couldn't find were for Cinema 4D & 3D Max ...

The iMac you are considering looks pretty good, but you really need to talk to the pros before you will be able to make an informed decision.

Please let us know how things go for you, macgeek :)

Ask a Question