ICloud Doesn't Recognize my Computer

Reaction score
When I went to use my office iMac and opened Calendar I noticed it wasn't connected to the iCloud.
I got a message to check settings. From there I found out I was locked out of my iCloud. It asked me to reset my password which I did.

This then meant I also had to re-impute my new password into my iPhone and iTunes store. The good news, the iPhone accepted the new password. Apple store accepted the new password via iTunes. I can also log into the iCloud via an internet browser with my new password.

But when prompted to sign into the iCloud from my Mac desktop it still says it can't recognize my computer and won't accept the new password. The solution I am given is to create a new password all over again but I don't want to do that since the new password works for everything else.

Ive tried repairing disc permissions. Ive also turned off my iMac, unplugged it and turned it back on but nothing fixes the issue.

Edit: Here's the message:

You cannot sign in to iCloud because there was a problem verifying the identity of this Mac. Try restarting your Mac and signing in again.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

First off, it is strongly recommended to have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data.

Are you able to sign out of iCloud on the iMac?

C

Reaction score
Hi! I can't sign into iCloud from the iMac, so I'm not logged in. I created a new password and was able to sign into the iCloud via my older iMac, my iPhone, iTunes and my Apple TV. So really don't want to create another password just to run into the same problem for one device. BTW this happened just weeks after my iMac mail stopped reconizing the password for my AOL email account, which also hasn't been resolved. I have Time Machine backing up daily.

Ask a Question