How to repair sparse bundle Time Machine backup?

Reaction score
After updating to Sonoma back when it came out some months ago, my AirPort Time Capsule drive somehow got corrupted. So I took it out and connected to my MacBook Pro with a Sata to USB-C and I was able to copy the sparsebundle but it won't mount and I have tried to repair it with disk utility and fsck to no avail. Does anyone have any tips on how to repair? Otherwise I have to manually recover all the files from the image with Disk Drill and that will be a pain. It's a 2 TB sparsebundle.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The way that Time Capsules and Time Machine store data is proprietary. If the Time Capsule somehow got corrupted, or the drive itself is starting to fail, then it may be very tedious to attempt to recover data.

A quick search on the Internet turned up several folks with a similar issue. Unfortunately, I didn't see any real success. I personally don't have any experience with the situation you are having, so I don't have any recommendations, and would hate to cause you to lose any of that important data.

Sorry, I wish I had a better answer.

C

Ask a Question