How to print to Kodak WiFi printer from iMac with Tiger

Reaction score
Hi,
I've spent a few hours trying to resolve this and normally I manage with help from the internet but this has me stumped.

I would like to print from my iMac (OS 10.4.11 Tiger) to a Kodak ESP 3.2s WiFi printer. It appears that there are no printer drivers for Tiger.

I have the following setup. I have Sky broadband through a NetGear router. Connected to this, via WiFi, is a MacBook Pro (10.8.2). Also connected to the router is the iMac via an ethernet cable.

I can connect from the iMac to the MB Pro to access files. When I try to add a printer on the iMac, it shows the printer name as 'KodakESP3.2+0215' and connection 'Bonjour'. I click on the printer and the name defaults in the region below and I enter a location then in 'Print Using' I cannot find any suitable printers. I tried clicking on the button 'More Printers' which defaults to AppleTalk and Local AppleTalk Zone but nothing is displayed.
------------ See Attachments -------------------
I can't get any further. Should I be able to print using this configuration or am I wasting my time. Thanks in anticipation.
Ged

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    46 KB · Views: 424
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 427
Reaction score
or am I wasting my time.
Sadly you are wasting your time. There has to be a valid printer driver, to translate what the Mac sends to what the printer prints. Without that it won't print correctly.

Reaction score
Thank you Kaveman
I was hoping I might be able to print through the MacBook Pro. I guess I'll have to transfer files and print from that machine.

Cheers

Ask a Question