How do you delete downloaded software

Reaction score
Can any one help?

I,m pretty new to a MAC . I recently down loaded Vectorworks 11 through the internet instead of being patient and not waiting for the DVD to arrive. It took about 6 hours to down load !! and now (well did nt cos now Ive tried to delete it . Not sure if Ive done the right thing or indeed it has gone from my machine. I dragged it to the trash but still have it in dipicted there in the down loads folder, containing three or four folders? What does any one think. Help needed.

Reaction score
Hello,
If you merely downloaded this app and didn't install it, deleting these files from your Downloads folder should do the trick.

Reaction score
Well no I di install it ,and used it for a while but got a few errors. It apperars to have gone but when I look in the Disk Utility it says unattached disc image read only.

Reaction score
Well no the icon was on the desktop and in the down loads and I used it for awhile, then tried to delete by dragging to trash, so now I am not sure what has happened cos it still is listed in several places on the mac ie
Documents>Downloads >there are then four folders saying: "Adobe Air System 'Install Vector works' 'Manual PDF' and 'Packages.' It also appears as a harddrive icon in the downloads . Also listed in the "Devices" list Do you think that because there is a file saying "Install' that it has been deleted I hope so

Reaction score
For starters, the correct way of installing an app on a Mac is to place the app in the Applications folder. If the app comes with an installer (sometimes these installers come with uninstallers as well) the default location for an app is the Applications folder, unless of course it's a plug-in or a preference pane, etc. For the meantime, you could delete all of these mentioned files. As for the "hard drive icon" in your Downloads folder; eject it by dragging it to the trash. Bear in mind, that when you ran this app, it placed files that you were not aware of on your Mac. For instance, preference files, possibly application support files and folders, etc. It's a good rule to know exactly what is being installed on your Mac. I use an app called Uninstaller. Whenever I install an app, it tells me EVERYTHING that was installed along with the app.

Ask a Question