How do I open am app in automator and save an updated version?

Reaction score
Hi there. Im sorry if this is a stupid question. Also not strictly legal what I'm tyna do here but any help appreciated if you don't mind (tryna install cracked adobe)

I'm trying to open a patch file with automator and it says I can't open it with my version of macOS. I assume my laptop is too new. The pop up I'm getting is-

You can't use this version of automator app "adobecs6patchhostsfile" with this version of mac OS.
In order to use "adobecs6patchhostsfile" open it in automator and save an updated version.

Okay so I opened it (I've no idea how to use automator btw) and went save. Then I opened it and a text edit file opened. I think something else should have happened as opening of this application was supposed to have 'patched a host file' or something.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, most of us here do not have a lot of experience with AppleScript/Automator. In addition, we do not condone and do not support breaking any EULA/licensing agreements.

Sorry,

C

Ask a Question