How do I get my Mac and iPhone to communicate?

Reaction score
I'm not sure when this stopped, but when I put information in my MacBook Air it would also upload the information to my iPhone and vice versa. How can I get them to communicate? Thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It may be the versions of OS X/macOS and iOS, as newer versions sync things a bit differently. I assume you are using iCloud and syncing contacts/calendars/email/bookmarks/etc., correct?

-Which version of OS X/macOS on the MacBook Air?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?

C

Reaction score
I went into my iCloud account to see what was up and it asked me to update settings on my Mac and and then phone and now they are talking to each other. Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello,

It may be the versions of OS X/macOS and iOS, as newer versions sync things a bit differently. I assume you are using iCloud and syncing contacts/calendars/email/bookmarks/etc., correct?

C
I'm having same problem between iPad and iMac and iPhone. Would same solution work for me?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello bamacowgirl,

It definitely could have something to do with it, if you are experiencing a syncing issue.

-What versions of OS X/macOS on your Mac?
-Which versions of iOS on your iPhone and iPad?

C

Reaction score
High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Mac.
14.2 on my iPhone
13.6.1 on iPad; trying to install 14.2 but had unknown problem first time

Reaction score
Hello,

C
Here we go again! This crap happens every time there is an upgrade! Apple- stop messing up our computers!!

Ask a Question