iPhone won't connect to Mac via Wifi

Reaction score
Recently got a brand new MacBook Air, running Catalina 10.15.5. I've set Music so that my iPhone 6s will connect wirelessly, and I see it in the finder, but if I click on it, it disconnects! Any idea what the problem is? (Using the cable, I can access the phone from the Mac with no problem.)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seen that if they aren't signed into the same iCloud account...are they using the same iCloud account?

C

Reaction score
Hmm. They are - I only have one iCloud account - but for some reason the iCloud drive on the Mac is not showing the photos and Notes that I use iCloud for. Notes itself is synching on both devices, so I know they're on the same account, but...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Are the Photos and Notes applications showing the synced items, or do you just not see the Notes and Photos folders when you open iCloud Drive in Finder?

C

Reaction score
Right, exactly. They show up in their respective apps, but not in the iCloud Drive. There I just see some empty folders labeled Numbers, Pages, etc.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yeah, you won't see folders for them in iCloud Drive on your Mac, as they sync to other places in iCloud. You can see them if you sign into iCloud in Safari.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
None as of yet. There is another post about a similar issue...I have just started testing it out with my iPhone 6s.

Will let you know if I come across anything helpful.

C

Reaction score
Hi,

OK, so any other ideas why my phone won't stay connected by wifi?

Just to add if you have not already done this. Turn your router off for 20 /30 seconds when it's back on go to settings on iPhone down to reset then Reset network settings after the reset re enter your router wireless key.

Ask a Question