How can I reorganise my Photos file?

Reaction score
I recently moved from Snow Leopard using Iphoto to ElCapitan using Photos. It has totally reorganised all my old pictures and I am now in one terrible mess.

In Iphoto I kept all my pictures under 'Events' and had them for each year or some special event within a year. It worked fine, right back to 1964. Although the editing facility was not brilliant, it did the job and I was used to it. It was far superior to the one in Photos (in my opinion).

Now everything is organised by date. Eventually I discovered that I could see my old Events via the Albums tab. However all new photographs are by date and I can find no way in which I can regroup them with an 'Event' description. I have found the help facility useless.

Ideally I would like to be able to revert to iphoto. Is that possible? If I have to stick with this new version how can I select pictures and group them within an 'event'?. I have many many new pictures to organise.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Since iPhoto has been discontinued, it really isn't possible to revert back, unless you do a full erase & install and restore using a Time Machine or other backup to Snow Leopard.

In Photos, make sure you have the sidebar visible, which can aid in organizing your photos/albums/events. Photos > View > Show Sidebar. You can select multiple photos by pressing and holding the Command key and clicking on individual photos. You can then choose File > New Album from the menu bar to create a new album or add them to an existing one.

Hope that helps a little,

C

Ask a Question