Hi, first post

Reaction score
Hey all, I have recently been thinking about trying out mac computers. I have little to no exp with them, I have always been PC. I was wondering if you guys could tell me, why mac over pc? Any time I ask someone this question in the real world they all answer "because PC is gay" or because "my computer broke and it was pc", I want to know what about the mac makes it better than pc? I know that mac is great for editing with programs such as final cut pro and photoshop, but no one has gone into greater detail than that.

I am currently on a mac laptop trying to set up internet sharing for my friend, they are using a 10.6.4 snow leopard (they believe) and the other desktop (I am trying to get internet access to) is 10.5.8, thats all I really know about it, like I said I have little to no exp with mac. I know that in system preferences internet sharing is turned on with each computer. idk where to go from here, was hoping the community could help me out. I hope to get some responses soon, thanks all, I look forward to talking with you all more in the future.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hey all, I have always been PC. I was wondering if you guys could tell me, why mac over pc? I want to know what about the mac makes it better than pc.

Hi Invert, welcome to the forum :)

Like others have said, it's a personal preference. One isn't better than the other. You could say that Microsoft PC's are more prone to viruses etc, than Macs, but other than that I have personally liked using both types.

When it all boils down, a Mac is a PC too ... they're both personal computers ;)

I am happy using a Microsoft PC and the same goes for Mac OS X ... at the end of the day, I prefer to spend most of my time on my iMac.

Don't forget that it's possible to have Windows OS on your mac too, with the help of Parallels or Boot Camp.

Check out the following links for info on switching over to Mac OS.

Hack Attack: A guide for switching to a Mac

This page on Apple's website covers switching from Windows OS to Mac OS X

I am currently on a mac laptop trying to set up internet sharing for my friend, they are using a 10.6.4 snow leopard (they believe) and the other desktop (I am trying to get internet access to) is 10.5.8. I know that in system preferences internet sharing is turned on with each computer.

It would be helpful if you could provide a little more information. Is your friends laptop running 10.6.4, we need to know for sure, and what type of laptop is it and also the other desktop mac, what type is it?

You can find out this info by going up to the menubar at the top of the screen and clicking on the  on the far left. Click and hold on the apple icon and slide down the menu to "About This Mac". In the window that opens you can find out the info we need about which OS version and type of Mac.

Lastly, are you using a wired or wireless system for internet sharing?

Ask a Question