Help with USB

Reaction score
from some reason my usb connection, is not working anymore with my digital camera and I dont know why, ive never had this problem before

Reaction score
What do you mean by it's not working with the camera? Is that the camera does not mount when you plug it in? Do other USB connections, e.g., when you plug in a USB stick or some other USB device? Is this USB connection direct or are you using a USB port connected to another device, e.g., an external drive, a keyboard? Open iPhoto and go to Preferences > General and see the pull-down menu for "Connecting camera opens." Maybe it's set to not open anything.

Reaction score
ive used this camera for a few months now, and I plug the cord in the camera to the usb port. And get movies off of it that way. Now it doesnt even work anymore, but funny thing is my my camcorder is reading that is hooked up to my laptop, but my labtop is not reading my camcorder any more.

Reaction score
Did you try the iPhoto suggestion I gave you in my first reply? Also do other USB connections mount in the same port? Try another USB device in the same port to see if it works.

Reaction score
Have you already tried running Disk Utility and repairing permissions? That sometimes fixes minor issues, but I'm not sure it'd have any impact on peripherals and ports.

Ask a Question