Help- need usb nano wireless adaptor compatible with Mac El capitan operating system

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out with the above / point me in the right direction. My air port has broken and as I am now a 'vintage MacBook owner' I can't get a replacement... Have tried a couple of wireless dongles with no joy, apparently because I downloaded the new operating system. Any advice would be very well received!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome. Sorry it took us so long to respond.

-So you mean Wi-Fi is no longer working in your MacBook itself?
-Which exact model of MacBook?
-What version of OS X?

If your MacBook is vintage and cannot be repaired by Apple, some third-party Apple Authorized Service Providers may still be able to repair it, if they have parts in stock.

I don't know of any compatible USB-based Wi-Fi dongles for El Capitan, so I will do some research and let you know.

C

bac

Reaction score
I also have an older Macbook Pro w/o airport (the airport/camera/bluetooth is fried on motherboard- tried to have fixed & way too expensive). Been working great w/Bolse USB 802.11n/300mps on Yosemite. Upgraded to el capitan- NADA! Wireless utility no longer launches. Anyone come across something that works OS X 10.11.1> please post!!!

Reaction score
I'm also having issue with my bolse usb after installing el capitan. Appreciate suggestions to fix!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Since there are multiple people having issues with third-party Wi-Fi dongles, there must have been a networking change in El Capitan that is causing the issue. I haven't found any dongles that work with El Capitan as of yet.

I would suggest that those using the Bolse units contact them directly. Maybe they are aware and working on a fix.

C

Last edited:

Ask a Question