help with lost pass word

Reaction score
I can not figure out my email pass word is there anyway to retrieve it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Wilseya

Reaction score
Hi

Then its your main mac password. When you got your mac you will have made a password - you would need it if you install new software updates etc.

Reaction score
Yes I can I reset the main pass word I tried the instal disk and I was able to reset the login pass word but not the email pass word.
Thanks Wilseya

Reaction score
OK - so you have a separate password for your mac mail then. Mine is the same as my mac log in password. Mac Mail did it all automatically for me.(Makes life easier!)

A thought - -your mail password should be in your KeyChain Access? As long as you know your mac password (that you used for software update etc) then you should find you can see your mail password in there OK.

Go to Utilities> KeyChain Access app. In there you can see all your saved passwords and you can click on to see any one of them - so click on the mail one and it asks you for your mac password to show you its password.

Does that work?

Ask a Question