Help - I have lost my browser look up line.

Reaction score
Cannot access it from facebook or internet page. Tried the various toolbar options -cannot get it back

Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what Mac OS you are using, 2) what Mac model you have, and 3) what browser you are having issues with. By the way, Safari does not have a separate Search box, whereas Firefox does. For Safari, you just enter the search term in the (one and only) box in the middle of that top "line".

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you Control-Clicked the window toolbar & "Customise Toolbar"

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 11.29.58 AM.jpg

Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what Mac OS you are using, 2) what Mac model you have, and 3) what browser you are having issues with. By the way, Safari does not have a separate Search box, whereas Firefox does. For Safari, you just enter the search term in the (one and only) box in the middle of that top "line".
OSX 10.6.8. iMac 10.1 Safari

Reaction score
Spawn_Dooley has that suggestion above. I am using version 35.0.1 of Firefox, and in order for me to hide the Toolbar, I have to select, from the View menu, Toolbars > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars. For version 8.0.3 of Safari that I have (I am running Yosemite (OS 10.10.2)), and once in a while use, I would need to go to the View menu and select Hide Toolbar. To get them back, I would go to the View menu, and select Show Toolbar. Not sure how it would exactly work with your version of Safari. Maybe it's the same.

Last edited:

Ask a Question