Lost Document! Please Help!

Reaction score
I recently updated my Macbook Pro software to the latest, as well as my Word. Since then, however, I can't find all of my documents. I have been trying to find and open one for over an hour but it is nowhere. I have searched everywhere. It shows up on "recent items" but nowhere else. And clicking on the file under recent items does nothing. I have tried everything I can think of but I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    386.8 KB · Views: 282

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Do you know where the document was before the update?
-You may have activated iCloud Drive:  > System Preferences... > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options... Desktop & Documents Folders. If so, and the documents was in the Documents folder, the contents of the Documents folder have moved to iCloud Drive. You can find them in Finder > iCloud Drive (in sidebar) > Documents folder.
-Have you searched for the name of the document using Spotlight?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It looks like you are using Word 2016, correct? Did you happen to enable OneDrive? Could it be there?

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I'm confused, had you looked in the path above? Open a Finder window & click on MacintoshHD in the left sidebar & navigate to Users ...

Reaction score
I'm confused, had you looked in the path above? Open a Finder window & click on MacintoshHD in the left sidebar & navigate to Users ...

I looked under Guest and Public and it wasn't there. I also opened every folder that appeared on the list. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Untitled-1@0,5x.jpg
    Untitled-1@0,5x.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 255

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I looked at the pic there were just 3 parent folders in Users is that correct; Guest, Shared & Shirrelcooper ... is that right?

Ask a Question