Help Please!!!

Reaction score
My hard drive said it was filling up really quickly- quicker than it should- so `i tried to make sure it was set to the correct start up setting- Mac OS 10.4.11 and it asked to restart. `i restarted it and then got the whole flashing folder with a question mark. Then I restarted it again with the Opt. key and selected the Mac HD and now my computer is stuck on a blank gray screen. I can restart it again, but it will either go automatically to the Mac HD screen and go back to the blank gray one or press Opt. and get to the screen that way. Its making noise like its booting but isn't doing anything. Can someone help me?? I'm in romania right now and don't speak the language so I can't really run to the mac store so any help is quite appreciated!!

Reaction score
Does the computer make a noise? If you hear something that sounds like marbles knocking into each other then your hard drive is in shreds.

If not, try booting off your install disc and reinstalling your OS. If you have another mac computer with firewire, try booting the broken one while holding down the T key. If you get a blue screen with a firewire symbol, plug the computers into each other using a firewire cable.

If that doesnt work, or if you hear marbles, i am afraid that your computer is dead and your hard data is gone

Ask a Question