Help Please...connected but IE issues

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and need some help. I have an old iMac G4 that was purchased back in 2000 I believe. I was able to connect to my wireless network via the installed airport card. However, internet explorer will not load the page. The computer just keeps getting stuck there. I have done the force quit and re open it but still no luck. I've also restarted the computer. I know I'm connected, but not sure why internet explorer won't load. Any ideas, suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

Joni

Reaction score
I would first make sure the internet connection is indeed working. Are you able to access email or use another browser successfully? Is the problem only with IE?

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for responding. I know the connection is working because yahoo messenger came up and I was able to open up Safari. It needed some flash updates, etc to allow some of the web pages to work appropriately but now is okay. I don't mind if the kids need to use safari vs. IE per se but had posted this before I tried Safari.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and need some help. I have an old iMac G4 that was purchased back in 2000 I believe. I was able to connect to my wireless network via the installed airport card. However, internet explorer will not load the page. The computer just keeps getting stuck there. I have done the force quit and re open it but still no luck. I've also restarted the computer. I know I'm connected, but not sure why internet explorer won't load. Any ideas, suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

Joni

It's time to trash IE. Microsoft isn't upgrading it anymore for Mac. It's becoming obsolete.
http://www.news.com/2100-1045_3-1017126.html

Ask a Question