help - i've lost a file of photographs

Reaction score
Kyomii said:
Hi mrsp,

I know on my Mac, the act of dragging and dropping from a memory card/disc does NOT delete anything, that is why you should check your camera card.

UI think that the only way those pictures could have been deleted from your camera is by you "physically" deleting them (right click and moving to trash) OR by you using "CUT" and "PASTE" (not copy and paste.)

As you dragged and dropped them, this *should* not delete them, so I am interested to know how do you deleted them from your camera? Are you sure they are still not on the disc/memory card?

Having said all that, I will connect my card reader and drag and drop the pics onto the desktop to see what happens (maybe it is configuration?) Also, iPhoto should have run and the pictures should be transfered to the iPhoto program.

Did iPhoto run? and have you checked to see if the photo's appear in the program under "last roll" or "library" ? I do hope the photo's are there on your hard drive :(

I didn't drag and drop from the memory card.

I download them straight to iphoto and always click the option for the pics to be deleted after they have downloaded.
Once I have cropped/altered colour/contrast etc, I put the picture into a folder on my desktop for saving onto disc when I have a discs worth. It was this blue folder that I dragged and dropped onto the blank CDs icon and then when my partner told me I had not done it right, i dragged it back out onto the desktop again, only to find that the folder had been magically transformed into an alias and the original folder was not to be found. :( .

Ric

Reaction score
mrsp said:
oops! I needed my bed as I have to try and get all the work not done yesterday done today....

I can have another go in a bit if you want, I normally break from 'work' 11ish for a coffee, if that's any good !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Hi there,

maybe we can try this a different way...

Download the attached Application... OSXvnc

Then click the Connect to client button !

And add in my IP address, (into the host panel) (I will send you this when you let me know, you are going to try this !)

Then press the Start Server Button !

This will then connect to me without you having to configure anything on your side...

osxvnc.jpg

regards

Ric

I have opened this - should I click the start server button now?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

are you in ?

if you are let me know and we'll give it a go !

I have PM'd you the IP address to go in the Host Box !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question