Help iTunes problem

Reaction score
:confused: I get this message when I try to start iTunes. :mad:

The iTunes application could not be opened. There is not enough memory available.

:(
This message just cam up one day. The only thing that I had done differently was that I updated Office 2004 using the update utility for MS Office.

I have 1.5 gb of memory avialable which is working properly and about 136gb of hard disk space. I am running a G5 Imac.

Reaction score
Hello snowiemac and Welcome!!

Have you tried a restart? What OS version are you running? If it's 10.4, then I would try going into your Utilities folder, open up disk utility and repair your Mac HD disk permission, then do a restart. Give that a try. Let us know how it goes.

Cheerio
Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

What version of Os X do you have ? What version of iTunes do you have ?

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

thanks for th information it helps...

First reboot using your OS X install CD, don't reinstall, but open disk utility from the Menu bar...then run Repair Disk...and Run Repair Permissions again.

Quit out of it.

Reboot and try again.

If that doesn't work, you can reinstall iTunes from here, the Application could have become corrupt.

Try that and let us know...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question