Having troubel with my sort of new mac

Reaction score
I just bought a referb 12in Ibook G4 1.6ghz and with os 10.7 I think to replace my old one. ond both have gone down the same path on me. It locked up while doing a software update and when I restarted it wont go past the start up icon.
Any ideas as to what I might be able to do?

Reaction score
I just bought a referb 12in Ibook G4 1.6ghz and with os 10.7 I think to replace my old one. ond both have gone down the same path on me. It locked up while doing a software update and when I restarted it wont go past the start up icon.
Any ideas as to what I might be able to do?

Do you have the installation disc?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The Software Installation media can be your best friend in these sorts of situations and if you don't have a set then you can always pick them up from either Apple or an auction site like eBay. You have to be careful though that you get the exact *type* of installation disc. Full Retail is the way to go and don't get caught out by buying an upgrade disc which is different to a bootable disc in that you have to have a certain version of the OS already installed as a minimum requirement.

Reaction score
The Software Installation media can be your best friend in these sorts of situations and if you don't have a set then you can always pick them up from either Apple or an auction site like eBay. You have to be careful though that you get the exact *type* of installation disc. Full Retail is the way to go and don't get caught out by buying an upgrade disc which is different to a bootable disc in that you have to have a certain version of the OS already installed as a minimum requirement.

We should make this a sticky. :D

Ask a Question