Mac Mail misbehaving

Reaction score
I have an IMAC, using Sierra. Suddenly most of my new mail has been placed into the junk mailbox. Anyone have a fix? Thanks.

Reaction score
Need some information:

1. What exact iMac model do you have?

2. What exact version of Sierra are you running?

3. Are you making backups to an external device? If so, what software are you using for that?

4. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective?

5. Have you done any recent software upgrades/installations?

6. When did this start happening?

Reaction score
A couple of more questions, plus a suggestion:

1. What tools/procedures do you use for disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? It would be good if you are specific here.

2. How much free space is on your internal drive?

3. I don't use Time Machine, preferring SuperDuper!. But, is there a way you could get to the backup that was made just prior to this issue happening?

If you can proceed with a restore via #3, you would of course lose stuff that was processed in between that time and now. But maybe an Erase and Format (and if necessary, partition) of your internal drive, then a fresh, clean installation of OS 10.12.5, and then "migrating"/copying that stuff from that backup might solve the issue.

Reaction score
1- Disk Utility from recovery disk
Dr. Cleaner
CleanMyMac
2- 423 gb
3- I can go back, but I would have to restore past info without saving present info. Keeping the present malfeasance is easier than a new OS installation. Thanks again. (*_*)

Ask a Question