Still having router problems

Reaction score
I have a home network and a guest network. I had problems and selected "forget this network" and the problems went away...or at least the severity went away. Now, I occasionally get a message that I have no internet connection. I switch to the guest network and everything seems ok until the next message of "no internet connection". When I click on the i at the network screen, I notice the addresses for both networks are way different and the DNS address on the network screen is 51 characters long while the DNS for the guest network is only 12 characters long. Way back in the mists of time the addresses for both networks were the same length and share the same numerics except for unique identifiers int the very last address position.
Is this difference the cause/source of my problems?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X again?
-What brand/model is your router?
-Have you tried changing the IPv6 setting to Link-local only - that is probably the reason for the very long DNS address.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ooops...so this is an iPad - guess I should have checked which forum this was posted in. ;)

There were reports of network connection issues with 9.3.3. The iOS 9.3.4 update may help. Also, you could try resetting the network preferences:

Settings > General > Reset Network Settings.

C

Reaction score
Ooops...so this is an iPad - guess I should have checked which forum this was posted in. ;)

There were reports of network connection issues with 9.3.3. The iOS 9.3.4 update may help. Also, you could try resetting the network preferences:

Settings > General > Reset Network Settings.

C
This is an ipad2. Don't see reset network preferences in General. Got the 9.3.4 upgrade and shut off ask to join...and that changed the DNS line back to what it used to be. Thanks (i think). Johnd

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad it's resolved.

The reset is in Settings > General > scroll all the way down to Reset > then third one down Reset Network Settings. Sorry, I forgot the Reset step above. I guess I am doing too many things at once and typing too fast! ;)

C

Reaction score
Glad it's resolved.

The reset is in Settings > General > scroll all the way down to Reset > then third one down Reset Network Settings. Sorry, I forgot the Reset step above. I guess I am doing too many things at once and typing too fast! ;)

C

Reaction score
Booo and Hissss! I found the Reset Network thing, clicked on it, waited patiently while mysteries occured "neath the sheets", and finally....i'm right back to the 50 character DNS addy. How can this be???

Ask a Question