Photos still taking up memory after I deleted them all

Reaction score
I uploaded my photos to my computer and deleted them, only to go into Manage Storage and find that Photos and Camera are still taking up 441 MB. I have almost no storage left, and Photos and Camera is taking up the most space. When I go into "about" it says I have 6 videos and 119 photos, but when I go into Photos I don't. I have always deleted everything I upload to my computer. What can I do to erase these phantom photos and videos?
My phone is an iPhone 5.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello agan,

-Which version of iOS?
-Have you checked the Recently Deleted album in Photos and removed them from there?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

There are several things that can take up storage classified as photos, other than the Photos app:
-apps
-email
-messages/texts
-Google Drive/Dropbox

Maybe some of the photos that it is seeing are in messages/texts - even the archived ones, or in other apps?

C

Reaction score
No worries.

There are several things that can take up storage classified as photos, other than the Photos app:
-apps
-email
-messages/texts
-Google Drive/Dropbox

Maybe some of the photos that it is seeing are in messages/texts - even the archived ones, or in other apps?

C

That makes sense. How should I go about deleting them?

Reaction score
No worries.

-apps
-email
-messages/texts
-Google Drive/Dropbox

C

I was able to free up some space by deleting pictures from emails.

Ask a Question