{Hard Drive dead} BootCamp !!! plz help

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im new here to this forum because google finally let me down and I needed some assistance for my mac. I'm fairly new to macs, I recently bought a mac laptop. Its a Macbook, intel, 2 Gb Ram, 13 inch screen, with ilife 08,, um..has OS X TIGER. I'm getting leapord on nov 3rd.

I downloaded bootcamp. I installed windows on the mac, and I was happy!!! but Then I tried to install linux onto this too. Now when I restart my macbook and hold the option key Windows doesnt even pop up. But now im missing half my hard drive and I cant even boot into windows. I wanted to restore my harddrive to a single partition but when I clicked on bootcamp assisant it said "The start up disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition."...arg >_<

I also went to disk utility and tried to erase it but it wont let me!!!

So basically to sum things up. I can't boot into windows or linux, it is taking up a lot of my hard drive space. I'ts slowing things down a bit. I just want to clear windows and linux off my hard drive. How can I do that? I dont really have anything important saved in windows or linux So i just want to trash them ><.

Thanks for help. Would be appriciated!

Reaction score
hey man this happened to me once i used bootcamp to fix the partition but that didn't work either so i took it down to my local tech'e and he formatted my laptop now my windows is running fine.
backup all your work first.

Ask a Question