Get rid of password request

Reaction score
I keep getting the following message when I log onto my Mac:Reset Password—A password reset request was sent from a device at the location shown below—When I hit “Show”, System Preference opens to iCloud wanting me to reset the password for my old AppleID. (Apple has made me change my AppleID twice as it changed the rules).

Well, I just reset on my iPad it after recovering a backup of my iPad in order to reload old apps. My Mac won’t let me use the new password.

So how do I get my Mac to stop asking?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Honestly, this may be best to work with Apple directly on, since it involves multiple devices, multiple Apple IDs, etc. Apple's security is very tight as you know, and I would hate to make the situation more complex.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry...

Yeah, sounds like you may have Allow user to reset password using Apple ID enabled, which I have seen cause authentication issues/loops before. They can be VERY difficult to resolve as you have seen.

You are able to login to the Mac though, correct? It is just constantly prompting you?

I can look into it a bit furthering get back to you.

C

Reaction score
I didn't get the problem today or yesterday. Apple was going to get back to me after trying to fix it. I never got any notice, but maybe they fixed it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, that's good...maybe they adjusted something on their end.

Keep us in the loop.

C

Ask a Question