Flatbed Scanner Compatible with Monterey

Reaction score
After updating to Monterey on my iMac my old yet functioning flatbed scanner, Epson Perfection 4870 Photo is no longer supported. I need a flatbed scanner compatible with mac, obviously. I use it primarily for scanning art for textile design work not scanning slides and photographs however I want a decent machine that will be around a few years and remain compatible with Mac. I'm considering the Epson Perfection V600 although the reviews have been varied siting software incompatibility. Any suggestions for a good machine that doesn't break the bank?

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading EpsonScan2.?

Have you tried using Image Capture in the systems folder.. it ill and has for me worked with many older scanners.

it may not have support some features or resolutions. give it a try and its free.

Just checked and View Scan has been updated to Monterey, give it a try and if it works you have to buy it to unlock it. but very cheap.

just checked and it does support you scanner. Regards, Sandy

regards, Sandy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.15.54pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.15.54pm.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.19.34pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.19.34pm.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.24.18pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 16.24.18pm.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reaction score
and of course there is always Silverfast. (I use it exclusively on my Epson 10000XL, and the quality is stunning. it is serious Pro level stuff, with T8 profiling, for the scanner, and also for the printer, but that really costs.)

I have not yet been able to set up after my flood in my home last month, but they offer free system updates to keep it current with the latest operating system.

you can download a demo... if it works you can buy, but it is a bit expensive,. (My Epson 10000XL version coast as much as an A4 Snaccer, but smaller scanners would be far cheaper for their drivers. they once supplies free versions of their lower end version to many manufacturers who included on their installation disks. se if you still have your old installations disks. if you do install that and then update it to the Monterey version.)

regards

Sandy

Ask a Question