Scanner not showing up in System Preferences

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Imac(mid-2009) running El Capitan. It replaced an mid-2007 running Yosemite. I had been using a Brother DSmobile600 pass through scanner. I downloaded the drivers which were compatible up to Yosemite. When I open Printers and Scanners, it is not there. I can, calibrate it with the DS 600 calibrator in my applications folder. Any ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I see that the drivers on Brother's website only show compatibility through Yosemite. That may be part of the issue. I assume you downloaded the driver from there, mounted the DMG, and installed as directed?

I have seen some scanner TWAIN drivers not work with later versions of macOS. Have you tried to use the scanner with the Image Capture application? Is it recognized there?

C

Reaction score
I did download the drivers from Brother's. It does not show up on Image Capture as well. More than likely, I will have to find another scanner. I appreciate your help.:)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

It may not be a bad idea to contact Brother support...they may have some additional suggestions or have dealt with this previously.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question