Scanner setup problem

Reaction score
Hi Forum. I recently bought a Canon TR7620 printer/scanner/fax. The printer works fine, but I haven't been able to get the scanner working. Is there a known communication issue between that printer and iMac? I'm running Big Sur 11.6.4. I've been in touch with Canon techs and all they can offer is the installation link for the printer. Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi Forum. I recently bought a Canon TR7620 printer/scanner/fax. The printer works fine, but I haven't been able to get the scanner working. Is there a known communication issue between that printer and iMac? I'm running Big Sur 11.6.4. I've been in touch with Canon techs and all they can offer is the installation link for the printer. Any help will be hugely appreciated.
I’m not familiar with your printer/scanner. I have the Brother MFC-L8900CDW. You may want to try Apple’s built-in scanning app, Image Capture.app. Works for me. I can switch back and forth between it and the Brother app, depending on which works better for a particular setup.

Reaction score
I’m not familiar with your printer/scanner. I have the Brother MFC-L8900CDW. You may want to try Apple’s built-in scanning app, Image Capture.app. Works for me. I can switch back and forth between it and the Brother app, depending on which works better for a particular setup.
Thanks for that idea. Unfortunately, my computer can't find the printer's scanner, so it didn't work. :(

Reaction score
Thanks for that idea. Unfortunately, my computer can't find the printer's scanner, so it didn't work. :(
I’m assuming you went through the steps of adding your printer/scanner to Systems Preferences / Printers & Scanners. If you did, try deleting it and installing it again. If you didn’t, install it now. Try to first stay with the default steps instead of looking for options.

Is the “Scan” button in Printers & Scanners not responding?

Ask a Question