SOLVED Face Time & iMessage not showing names

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Face Time and iMessage on my MBP are not showing my contacts names. I can get only their numbers. On iMessage some I can get, I dont know why, but not all.
I have tried to disconnect and reconnect again, reconfigure but still same issue.
For your information, I have an iPhone 11 with eSim and nano sim, with different operators of different countries.

Many thanks
Regards

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You can use iCloud to sync your contacts between you iPhone and Mac.

Are you signed into the same iCloud on both?

C

Reaction score
Hello, thanks,

Yes, I am on same iCloud on both and I have tried to synchronise, but same issue.

Regards

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

A little more information may help:
-Which version of OS X/macOS on the Mac? Sometimes, if the macOS version is too old, some of the iCloud syncing doesn't work properly.
-Are the contacts the same on the iPhone and icloud.com?

C

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using the updated MacOS 10.15.4. Contacts are the same on the Mac and iPhone.
Just now I have tried something and it looks working, but I have to confirm again.
I have modified a contact details. On the contact number, I have made it such a way it has the country international code (+number) and suddenly, on iMessage, it displays the contact name.
I dont know why, may be because I have two operators of two different countries?
So, I guess now I have to add this international code number to all my contacts, huge job ...
Will keep in touch and many thanks.

Have a good day

Regards

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

So, I confirm. Problem solved after adding international code to my contacts.
Earlier, I got the iPhone 7 and did not have this issue. It happened only when I had my new iPhone 11 with two sims (eSim and nano).
I was trying to find if there is a way to add the international code to my contacts using automator or AppleScript, but unfortunately it is not possible. There is a small tip, may be useful, you have to export the contacts as vCard and open the file with TextEdit and then use Find/Replace.
Hope this is useful for everybody, one more time, thanks for the forum help and support.

Best regards

Ask a Question