'Photos' app and facebook - OS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Reaction score
Suddenly stopped being able to 'Share' pics from my Photos app to Facebook. When I tried to do this I got a demand to insert my Facebook ID and password and when I did this it returned that "my info was not recognized". I repeated this several times and even went back to my browser and successfully logged in to Facebook from there so I knew that my I.D. and password were good.

In a subsequent 'Chat' and Phone connection with Apple support, and after a lot of searching by the tech helping me, he finally concluded that Apple are no longer supporting some of the websites that show up on the right hand column in System Prefs > Internet Accounts, Facebook being one of them along with Twitter and a few more. I think this only applies to this OS 10.13.6. and my 2011 Mac Mini won't take any higher operating system than this.

I will miss this one step ability to post pictures on Facebook. I can start a 'Photo/Video' post on Facebook but then I don't know how to import pics directly from 'Photos', if thats possible. It seems like my only option now is to save the photos that I want to post onto the desktop and pull them in to Facebook from there. Does anyone know of a quicker way of doing the transfer of pics.

Thanks in advance.........

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I am not an experienced Facebook user. It sounds like your solution would be the best option if Apple is no longer supporting it directly. As you mentioned, you can export photos/videos from the Photos app to your Desktop, then upload them to Facebook from there.

Sorry I don't have an easier flow for you...maybe another member will.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Corey. Yes the 'two step' operation which includes the desktop works OK I was just wondering if anyone had another 'one step method.
Cheers ~ Peter'

Ask a Question