External hard drive

Reaction score
Dear Sir: I got an external hard drive, I transfered the Photo Librery. Now when I add pictures to the one in the computer, those pictures will be transfered to the external hard drive by themself or are there going to be transfered with the other that are in the Photo librery? In this case I am going to have duplicates? Of course when the external drive is conected to the computer.
Thanks

Reaction score
If you want the pictures in the Photo Library on the external drive, Photos needs to be using that Library at the time you import your pictures.

To get Photos to use that Library, hold down the Alt key as you start Photos. A dialogue box will appear asking you to choose a Library. Navigate to the Library on the external drive and select it. Photos will then launch using that Library.

Unless you hold down the Alt key next time you open Photos, it will open using the Library on the external drive.

Ask a Question