external hard drive trash files not visible

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using an external hard drive to organise some photos, its formatted NTFS I think as I can read it on my macbook and PC.
I have been viewing pics in a finder window and deleting unwanted with the F5 button.
I think I may have pressed it too often and deleted the folder containing all the pics! I cant see the folder in the trash and find that anything I now delete does not appear in the trash although older files and folders are there.
Am I able to get this back?

thanks for any suggestions

Reaction score
Hi,

I take it that you still have the external drive plugged when deleting the trash?

Reaction score
Took a lot of googling but found answer. Connected hard drive to windows and ran chkdsk, all folders could then be seen in trash and from there moved to original place.
Thanks

Reaction score
The Mac can not normally write to NTFS, so it can't delete or more files without 3rd party software.

Reaction score
That makes a lot more sense, as the Mac could not do what you said. So it was a Paragon problem, check there forums and or log a bug with them.

Ask a Question