external hard drive icon

Reaction score
You know when you install a new program (an perhaps you have not installed it in the correct location?)such as a web browser or in this case a flash player and you get a link on your desktop to that program and it looks like and external hard drive. How do you remove that icon? Currently I have tried to update my flash player and when I download the program and install the layer it leaves on of these icons on my desktop. It is my understanding that I don't want this icon there.

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks!

Reaction score
You know when you install a new program (an perhaps you have not installed it in the correct location?)such as a web browser or in this case a flash player and you get a link on your desktop to that program and it looks like and external hard drive. How do you remove that icon? Currently I have tried to update my flash player and when I download the program and install the layer it leaves on of these icons on my desktop. It is my understanding that I don't want this icon there.

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks!

That sounds like a volume. Drag it to the trash or do a reboot. :)

Ask a Question