External Hard Drive Help

Reaction score
I have an interesting problem. I have an external hard drive that I've been using for about a year. I used it with my windows before I got my mac. One day my computer stopped reading the hard drive. Of course I flipped out. Tried everything. In my random attempts at fixing it I downloaded some program that scanned the external harddrive. Half way through the scan my hard drive returned to me. A couple months later (on my new mac) the same thing happened. Once again I freaked out. Downloaded everything I could find till I found something that scanned the hard drive and, once again, a little into the scanning it worked. I replaced the memory in the computer and lost the program and have spent hours looking for it lately. Anyone know a program similar to this and where I can download it - or what the hell is going on??

Thanks.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there jacke and welcome !

What version of OS are you running ?

The best Data recovery software I use is Data Rescue ll, they have a demo that you can download.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I am running OS X. I used the DataRescue demo and it located the external hard drive, but I don't have a place to scan it to. It now appears on my desktop but when clicked on it shows nothing. Any other ideas?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

can you tell it to recover the data to your internal drive ?

regards

Ric

Ask a Question