Enable FileVault through Scripting ?!!

Reaction score
Hello,

We are trying to make sure that every MAC that we have is encrypted, however we dont have any commercial MDM solution. We have a bunch of devices registered in Apple Business Manager (ABM).

I would like to understand is there any way either through scripting / mobileconfig / etc. to do:

1. Enforce Full Disk Encryption with File Vault for all users using PRK (Personal Recovery Keys)
2. Upload PRK's to a folder in Google Drive for safe-keeping (I already do this for my Windows Devices) or recovery codes

Reaction score
Hello,

We are trying to make sure that every MAC that we have is encrypted, however we dont have any commercial MDM solution. We have a bunch of devices registered in Apple Business Manager (ABM).

I would like to understand is there any way either through scripting / mobileconfig / etc. to do:

1. Enforce Full Disk Encryption with File Vault for all users using PRK (Personal Recovery Keys)
2. Upload PRK's to a folder in Google Drive for safe-keeping (I already do this for my Windows Devices) or recovery codes
FileVault encryption is available in System Settings/Preferences under Privacy & Security. It will give you the option to access your data with your login password or recovery key. You can opt to use your Apple ID password for recovery.

Reaction score
We are trying to automate thru scripts that can be run without a MDM, ZTE, etc.

We are aware of those clicks, etc. but we want to run these within the script so that it can be completed and recovery codes can be saved

Ask a Question