Enable Airdrop on High Sierra

Reaction score
With High Sierra on my MBP, I select Airdrop, and the Airdrop window comes up, but the “Allow me to be discovered by” pop-up menu doesn't appear, and that High Sierra Mac isn't visible from any other Airdrop. What's going on? How can I be discovered? Bluetooth and wifi are active.

Reaction score
With High Sierra on my MBP, I select Airdrop, and the Airdrop window comes up, but the “Allow me to be discovered by” pop-up menu doesn't appear, and that High Sierra Mac isn't visible from any other Airdrop. What's going on? How can I be discovered? Bluetooth and wifi are active.
Oh, it's a late 2011 MBP, so I guess AirDrop isn't supported, though it sure is silly that the OS still pretends to offer it! You'd think the least that AirDrop on High Sierra would do is tell me that it isn't supported on this machine!

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Have you found a work around or another app that does the job?

Reaction score
If AirDrop isn't supported on your machine, there aren't going to be any workarounds.

Ask a Question