DIS-abling 'Enable disk use'

Reaction score
Hello all. SOS!

Just given in and bought an ipod 30gig Video, got music and photos on it fine, but can't sort video. Spent past few hours fiddling around, looking at help manuals and searching online but still no answer to...

I've got a video, in the correct acceptable format. It says to drag it onto the ipod icon in itunes, fine. But i've realised the reason i a) can't see it on the ipod or b) on itunes is because the pod is set to 'enable disk use' which is fine because i'll want it for that, but its 'greyed out' and I can't seem to DIS able is no matter what combinations I try. Therefore I guess my videos are getting lost in ipod harddrive hell somewhere and I can't find them at all. Not even in any files in the hard drive icon on desk top.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Anna

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Anna !

Can you see the Videos in iTunes ? Drag the video to the library icon...

The enable disk mode shouldn't matter...

You should be able to see the videos like this...

itunesvideo002.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks Ric...but using a sample movie suggested for testing that I downloaded from the apple ipod help tutorials...

I can put it into the library, but then it disappears..can't be seen in the videos section or anywhere else! I'm sure its something simple that needs unchecking but I've run out of ideas.

Ric

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to change any settings...?

I wonder if the iPod movie you have downloaded is saved in the correct format ?

Try the one below,

regards

Ric

Attachments

• sampleipod.m4v.zip
    949.2 KB · Views: 393
Reaction score
Yep thats the file I got off the apple help page online....no different. I'm popping into town this afternoon, to a hairdresser, round the corner from the apple store..think a bit of assistance from a mac mechanic is needed!
Thanks for your suggestions though Ric.

Anna

Ric

Reaction score
No worrys !

You'll have to let us know how you get on !

regards

Ric

Ask a Question