Downloading help!

Reaction score
I bought a MacBook 13 Pro through my school last year, but I have since left the school. They took off most of the restrictions, but there is still admin control. There are certain things I still;l can change, and one of them is I can't download any new apps on my computer unless I do it off the app store. Does anyone know how I can reverse the admin controls, I am not able top get in contact to anyone from my school.

Reaction score
Is it that you cannot download software, or that it wont run?

What error are you getting when you try to download or run the software.

Check the settings in your System Settings -> Privacy & Security. Scroll down and under Security, make sure that the setting for App Store and identified developers is selected.

If you are getting an error that the software is from an unidentified developer then you can still launch the software by right clicking on it and selecting Open. You will get a dialog asking you if you want to Open the app. select Open, and the app will launch. You only need to do this 1 time for each app.

Ask a Question