Downloading all music to my iPad

Reaction score
I would like all of my music always downloaded (and synchronized) on my iPad, iPhone, and iMac the way they did before Apple Music. And on my wife's devices (we have Family Sharing and Apple One). I never want to have to download my music.

I opened Music on my iPad, selected "Songs", and saw the first 4 songs had their album names overtyped so I couldn't read them. These four songs are songs I used to have on my iMac before I had Apple Music, but are now missing from my Mac. I keep losing songs from my Mac that used to be there.

A bunch of my songs have the download cloud symbol, and some songs show the symbol we get when we download apps, with the rotating circle over the square dot.

What's causing the overtyped album name?
How can I tell my iPad and iPhone to not delete songs, even if they are stored on the cloud? I don't want to have to be connected to the Cloud in order to play them.

I tried to upload a screenprint of my iPad, but the file was too large.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

The easiest way to sync all songs/playlists outside of Apple Music, is to manually connect each device and sync them that way.

Open the screenshot in Preview and use Tools > Adjust Size.. to make the file smaller.

C

Reaction score
If I look at my connected iDevice in finder, I get a message saying I'm using the iCloud library:
"You can play and download songs on all your devices. To sync music from this computer, turn off Cloud Music Library."

Yes, I know that. But I also want all of my songs from my iMac which is *also* using the iCloud library.

Ask a Question