Dock Preferences Problem

Reaction score
I recently re-installed 10.3.9 on a Powerbook G4. I did this after a major HD failure and having run 10.2.8 for about a month until I could get back to my copy of 10.3.9. Now a problem has crept up. Whenever I come back after having the computer sleep, I click Firefox in the dock and it locks the computer up. So I have to hit the power button to get it to shut down so I can get it back up and running (this isn't healthy I know). First, what might be causing this problem? Secondly, whenever I get it rebooted, the dock preferences appear to have been lost. All the default shortcuts reappear and there is no hiding or magnification. It basically is on default settings. What might be causing this? It's not a major problem yet, just an annoyance. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Scratch the "every time" part about losing the dock preferences, but everything else is still happening. Short of a reinstall of OS 10.3.9 (or upgrade), or just junking this HD and investing in a new one, is there anything anyone can suggest at this point? Ditching this and getting a newer computer, say, a MacBook, is an option after I get out of school in May (hopefully), but I really cannot to afford to get a new computer at this juncture. Much obliged.

Reaction score
id try reinstalling panther first if it stil happens then well you might wanna look in to a new hd then

...good luck with installing that depending on your model pb

Ask a Question