Desktop Option Gone

Reaction score
Hi,
Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Suddenly, "Desktop" no longer appears as an option to save documents in the save dialog box. Has never been a problem before, and everything else is working fine. I have to save to another folder, then retrieve it to move to the desktop.

Seems strange, but not able to solve it. Any help would be appreciated. Have reset permissions without success, desktop just doesn't appear as an option (in any program).

Thanks,

Dan

Reaction score
Go to Finder -> preferences. Under Favorites, is Desktop checked? In the past I have had some favorites mysteriously get unchecked! If that's not it, maybe someone else can help.

Reaction score
Hi,
Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Suddenly, "Desktop" no longer appears as an option to save documents in the save dialog box. Has never been a problem before, and everything else is working fine. I have to save to another folder, then retrieve it to move to the desktop.

Seems strange, but not able to solve it. Any help would be appreciated. Have reset permissions without success, desktop just doesn't appear as an option (in any program).

Thanks,

Dan
I’m running Mohave and save to my Desktop all the time?

Reaction score
Go to Finder -> preferences. Under Favorites, is Desktop checked? In the past I have had some favorites mysteriously get unchecked! If that's not it, maybe someone else can help.

Yes, Desktop is checked. Still stumped, but thanks for trying to help.

Ask a Question