Deleting a Mail box

Reaction score
I recently deleted a 'Mail box' but the name remains in my Mail box list and I don't seem able to remove it. I will appreciate being told what I should do.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Which version of OS X and Mail?
-Have you tried quitting and relaunching Mail?

C

Reaction score
The version of OS X is 10.8.5. I don't know the version of Mail, it seemed to be just part of the function of a now redundant server [you will understand that I am anything but an expert]. Also I have no idea how to 'quit and relaunch Mail', I am using both Outlook and Hotmail which I would not wish to loose.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Mail is the default email client that comes installed with Mac OS X ... you seem to be using a combination of webmail and Outlook?

Reaction score
Also I have no idea how to 'quit and relaunch Mail',

Click on any Mail window.

Go to the File Menu and choose Quit Mail from the bottom of that menu.

Wait a little bit to give Mail time to quit.

Then click the Mail icon in the dock, or double click the Mail icon in the Applications folder.

Reaction score
I appreciate the responses. Under 'Mailboxes' I have four 'boxes', being Hotmail; iCloud; Outlook; and one being an old email account '….firenet.uk.net'. It is this latter one that I have been trying unsuccessfully to remove [I'm relating this lest I've created a misunderstanding]. The Head Ribbon contains the apparent action to 'Delete the Mailbox' and this has certainly emptied the contents, but the title remains. How please do I make the title go away?

Reaction score
I understand that I am using Microsoft Outlook [which is fine and not part of the problem?]

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What version of Microsoft Outlook?

Have you tried Microsoft Outlook ~> Preferences ~> Accounts, then highlight the account in the left pane & click the minus down the bottom?

OR

Microsoft Outlook ~> Tools ~> Accounts, then highlight the account in the left pane & click the minus.

Click the Advanced button if you wish to save your emails.

Ask a Question