Help with Deleting Imported Mailboxes in Mail

Reaction score
OK basically I transferred all of my mailboxes from my old computer to my new one and setup my mail account. I then tried to import all the old mailboxes (don't ask me why I didn't do this at during setup), and the thing is I can import all the messages, but then I still have these imported mailboxes titled "Import1" "Import2" etc. I cannot seem to delete these as they do not function like normal mailboxes.

I have already created all the mailboxes just the way they were in my old account, and only wanted to import the mailboxes so as to copy the messages from them into the new mailboxes. Any help as to how to get rid of these would be appreciated.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

sorry for the delay...

Have you managed to delete them yet ?

If you haven't can you give us a screen shot so that we can see what you are looking at...

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have access as I was helping a friend out with their computer (or attempting to at least). Basically in Mail at the top bar I go to File/Import Mailboxes and then select Mail for Mac OSX. After that i select the folders containing the mailboxes, and a messages pops up saying "these mailboxes are in the folder "import 1" which shows up where the mailboxes are traditionally in Mail. The problem is, is that I want to delete the "import 1" mailbox as I only wanted to import the maliboxes to get specific emails out of them. Not only that, but the emails are buried in a strange folder system withing the mailbox "import 1." So, yeah basically I have extracted all the messages I want from "import 1" but cannot find a way to delete the empty "import 1" mailbox.

Ask a Question