how to stop inbox mail content showing before deleting

Reaction score
I have my talk talk mail sent over to my mac , I upgraded to E C recently and need to know how to stop mail content showing before I have a chance to delete
To-day I saw mail I didn't know and it opened up it was spam! I wasn't quick enough. previously I used to just click on name and junk it.
with E C there is one column with the mails in it which get highlighted in blue when you open it and on the right side it show the content as soon as you open it I never opened up mail before unless I knew it. as soon as you do this it opens it up wether you wanted it to or not. Is there some thing I should do?

I could have let this spam mail into my life?????

does this make sense to anyone?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Not sure what E C is, sorry … not sure if seeing the content displayed is a concern or not …. attachments definitely are!

Reaction score
Not sure what E C is, sorry … not sure if seeing the content displayed is a concern or not …. attachments definitely are!
Hi. its El Capitan,some spam it is just a case of even opening the mail, on some spam they ask you to open up the attachment,which I nearly did yesterday. so its looking as if you have to see the mail then?

Reaction score
Solved my own problem ( I think) I have just discovered on my laptop that i can pull the message along and right next to it is the red trash so I just pull it right from the page?
weird, but now I need lots of mail in my box to see if it work?

Reaction score
I use Outlook for my EMail needs, and it does a rather good job of directing junk/spam-related mail to a Junk EMail folder within the program. It is then easy for me to delete it, without reading it.

But sometimes, some spam stuff sneaks through to my IN Box. I do not attempt to even open it, but instead delete it right away.

I would think that Apple's Mail program (I assume you are using it) has similar capabilities.

Reaction score
I use Outlook for my EMail needs, and it does a rather good job of directing junk/spam-related mail to a Junk EMail folder within the program. It is then easy for me to delete it, without reading it.

But sometimes, some spam stuff sneaks through to my IN Box. I do not attempt to even open it, but instead delete it right away.

I would think that Apple's Mail program (I assume you are using it) has similar capabilities.
Ta for reply, however my mail comes from Talktalk and they send it over to Mac mail
how-ever as I mentioned earlier I have solved it,I just drag the unwanted mails over and it disappears, how good is that, My junk does go straight into the junk mail anyway.
sometimes the odd one slips thro.

Reaction score
My mail comes initially from comcast, and I suspect they have not much (if anything) of a filtering process. Hence, that is why one needs to try and setup their EMail software to try and filter out as much as possible. And of course, NEVER, NEVER open a piece of mail that you do not recognize.

The other possibility is to use an additional piece of software to help. From what I understand, the best one is SpamSieve:

http://c-command.com/spamsieve/

Ask a Question