Deleted photos uploaded to Google

Reaction score
My wife recently signed up to google photos and started the process of automatically backing up all photos my 2011 mac book pro. (latest OSX recently installed prior to this)

All existing photos are currently being uploaded as expected, however google has also somehow found and uploaded a load of deleted photos- photos which were both deleted from source file, from i photo library sent to the the trash and the trash emptied. This process was undertaken about three years ago so imagine my surprise when they suddenly appear in our google upload!
Selecting the filenames of individual pictures and putting the into my computer's spotlight ( to find the folder, or folders where they are located) seems to yield no results and completely deleting my current iphoto library doesn't seem to get rid of them either! We are desperate, can anyone help?!

Reaction score
Hmm, a very strange situation turned out. I wonder why it happened. I hope you someone can help!

Reaction score
Hi,

Were these photos uploaded from a usb stick,memory card or other external source, if so then that media needs to be connected to your Mac in order to correctly delete them.

Ask a Question