deleted installer

Reaction score
hi there!

i accidentally deleted my installer software and am now unable to install new programs on my mac.

is there a place i can download the lost software?

i know i could reinstall my system but i don't have the system disc with me.

any instant solutions?

thanks in advance!!

karazelle

Reaction score
It always amazes me how people manage to delete OS system components, and you didn't post what MacOS you have, but the installer for what I think is the latest OS X 10.4 that was released prior to 10.5, as well as the installer for 10.5.3 are now in my iDisk Public folder. My .mac name is squirrelgirl and you can get them in Finder by going to the Go meny and choosing iDisk and "Other Users Public Folder" (or similar, I don't run english OS X) and keying in "squirrelgirl". It's Installer104X.zip and Installer1053.zip. The OS X 10.4 installer goes in /Applications/Utilities while the 10.5 installer goes in /System/Core Services (what would you ever be messing around there for if you were anyway? /System is off limits to users, even admins)...

Reaction score
you're great!!!

thanks alot for the swift help!!!

i was actually deleting files via the search function. i was searching by date trying to find a download i wanted to delete. i run this system considerably longer than what the search limits were but oviously this somehow slipped in...

that's how this happens.

cheers and thanks again!!

Ask a Question