Decision day iPhone X

Reaction score
I have to decide today IF I want to make the leap to the X. I have the iPhone 8 (non plus) and today it's day 14 with AT&T.

I like the 8 well enough but the X keeps causing me to reconsider. I do dig the larger screen in what's basically the same sized phone but my concern is the lack of the home button and touchID. I am not sure if I'd like faceID. My phone sits flat on a desk for half the day. With touchID on the 8 I just tap and go to unlock and can then use the phone without ever picking it up.

With the X I do not think this is possible and the phone will need to be picked up to unlock it every single time. Considering I unlock it numerous times a day this is a concern. But, I also think this is where Apple is going and that the iPhone 8 will be the last iPhone with a home button. Getting the X now could get me use to it going forward so if I upgrade to the 9 (or whatever) later this year I'd already be adjusted to gestures and the lack of touchID.

I am seriously conflicted and go back and forth daily on the decision.

I really wish Apple would go the route of Android and allow trusted places and devices. For instance if it knows it's connected to a Mac, give me the option to turn off faceID. Or if I am connected to a trusted network give the option to turn off faceID ect. Connected to an Apple Watch? Same. Trusted places works great on Android and I don't know why Apple did not include something similar.

Anyways, today is the day. Anyone using an X that perviously used an iPhone in the same manner as I do? If so your thoughts are appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't respond to this earlier...

I am still on a very old iPhone 3GS (I know, I know...but I despise the telephone), so I don't have a lot of experience with the 8 vs X as far as functionality goes. I do know folks that love both of those models. It's really a personal decision...so let us know how it played out.

C

Ask a Question